Monday, March 29, 2010

Favorite Scenes: The Big Lebowski




Thought I'd try something a little different today, although I admit, it isn't entirely original. Everyone once in a while I'll pick a scene from a movie, with a videoclip of it, and start kissing the scene's ass. My first ass-kissing scene will be the "Gutterballs" scene from The Big Lebowski. It's incredibly hard to choose just one scene, because it is one of the most quotable films of all time. If you haven't seen it yet, shame on you.

The scene doesn't make much sense and is very abstract, but that doesn't make it any less amazing. Everything from Jeff Bridges' slick dance moves to his wide, gaping smile upon looking at the endless shoe rack is terrific. I'm not exactly a big Kenny Rogers fan, but the song fits strangely well here, not to mention catchy. Why don't I have awesome dreams like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment