Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Cabin Fever

I've been sick since Sunday with a headache that refuses to leave me alone. I think my body's survival is becoming dependent on extra strength Tylenol. The only contact I've had with lifeforms other than my dog since the weekend has been with my parents, and a text here and there from the outside world. Every hour that passes makes me feel like Jack Torrence in The Shining; or in other words, I'm going bat-shit crazy. Like the addictive drug that it is, Facebook actually began to eat away at my brain from being on it so much, so I (temporarily) disabled it for the sake of my sanity. Or maybe I'll suffer from severe withdrawal from "Rob Curtis is gearing up for Friday" (OK, I stole that from Zombieland). Facebook is like celebrity gossip, it's so incredibly irrelevant and unimportant to your life, and yet you can't help but spend hours paying attention to it, making yourself 3 percent dumber in the process for every half hour you do (scientific fact). Of course, this has nothing to do with the fact that no one talks to me on it. Seriously. I swear.

By the next post I will (hopefully) kick off into a continuous set of film-related posts, and less rambling about my social networking loneliness and isolation. Until then, farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment